Getting Your Sled Ready for the SeasonDecember 3rd, 2019
Are you excited about the snow coming down? Already been out for a ride, but didn’t take time to get your sled ready for the season? Now is a good time to go through your sled and make sure you have it ready for the winter. Here is a list of things to check on your sled:
- Check your belt for wear and replace the belt.
- Grease and inspect your chassis by finding all the grease zerks on the suspension and pump in snowmobile grease (low-temperature grease from your dealer.)
- Check your hyfaxs to see if they need replacing.
- Clean power valves on sleds that need it.
- Change brake, Diamond Drive, coolant, other fluids as directed by your user manual.
- Fill with 2-stroke oil.
- Add fuel system cleaner or drain the tank replacing with fresh fuel.
- Check track adjustments according to your owner’s manual.
- Check your service manual for any other required maintenance.
- Run the sled to operating temperature before you go out to ride.
- Prepare your trailer by checking lights, grease bearings, and checking tires.
If you have any questions about maintenance, contact your local dealer. Here is a video from Polaris with some suggestions on things to check.